Is the telecoms industry where it needs to be right now? Where is the real value in moving away from basic connectivity?
Digital services, platforms, technology… where’s the value for telcos?
There’s a huge increase in the desire to become a DSP and offer a comprehensive suite of digital services while owning the customer relationship. Yet this is predicated on the rollout of 5G core, which is not proceeding as fast as once thought, and its new capabilities.
So what about the platform play? There’s just as much value in owning and controlling the platform and letting partners do the difficult work. And what the heck is a techco?
- Anita Döhler, CEO, NGMN Alliance.
- Erez Sverdlov, VP, Cloud and Network Services, Europe, Nokia.
- Francesca Serravalle, Head of Infrastructure and Energy, Vodafone UK.
- Justin Paul, Global Head of Telecom Solutions, ServiceNow.
- Neil McRae, Managing Director of Architecture & Technology Strategy and Chief Architect, BT.
- Rolf Eberhardt, Head Of Orchestration, Communications Technology Group, Hewlett Packard Enterprise